- 9 ounces butter
- 10 1/2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 7 1/2 ounces flour all purpose or bread
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground of fresh grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground of fresh grated
- 10 ounces oatmeal quick cook or rolled oats
- salt to taste
- extracts or flavorings as needed
Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and light.
Add the eggs and cream and incorporate fully.
Finally add the dry goods and mix until a dough forms.
Portion as needed and chill for an hour.
Bake at 375F until the cookie rises and starts firming only on the edges. These cookies should be very soft so don’t over-bake them.
Allow to cool completely on the pan