- 2 large eggs
- 1 heaping cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable or nut oil (I use grapeseed and hazelnut)
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup bread flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon baking powder
- 2.5 cups freshly grated carrot
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup previously toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
Whip together the eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oil and whip until thick.
Separately, combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mostly even in texture.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and ensure even distribution and smooth batter.
Pour into baking vessel and bake at 350F until a skewer inserted into the center removes clean (about 30 minutes).
Remove from oven and allow to cool in the vessel for 10 minutes.
Take the cake out of the vessel and allow to cool completely before assembling further.
You can omit processing the carrot, pineapple, and nuts for more texture if desired.