When you find amazing produce, your job is half-done. Peaches are are best enjoyed at the height of their summer freshness, and a classic peach cobbler is a perfect way to showcase their delicate flavors while keeping the fruits’ integrity. Top with fresh whipped cream or ice cream
Write a review
- 1.5 pounds peaches, sliced
- Herbs & Spices (as desired)
- 4 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces butter or lard, cold
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- Toss peaches with honey, cornstarch, and herbs or spices.
- Spread this fruit layer evenly in a 9" pie pan.
- Blend together the dry ingredients and butter until course and sawdust-like.
- Finish with cream and mix until a fluffy dough forms.
- Tear into small pieces and drop onto the fruit layer.
- Bake at 370F until the dough is golden brown and the fruit has a gelled consistency, around 25 minutes.
- I toss peaches with cinnamon & ginger for a traditional flavor, or add tea, lavender, or licorice for variety.
Joe the Baker http://www.joe-the-baker.com/