During the summer, food is just tastier when eaten outdoors. I can remember all the meals I’ve eaten under a bright canopy of warmth; laughter floating through the air along with gentle breezes. When it comes to outdoor dining, I tend to stick with a couple of staples: fish is one of them. And with fish comes hush puppies. Serve with melted butter or a smooth honey butter and enjoy. To turn the savory side into a dessert, omit the onion and add cinnamon, powdered sugar, or other sweet spices.
Write a review
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125 grams sugar
- 125 grams flour
- 125 grams cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine dry ingredients and make sure they are well mixed.
- Add eggs to form a proper batter.
- Scoop batter and let rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to fry.
- Heat oil and fry until crispy on the outside and very fluffy on the inside.
- If you prefer a doughier hush puppy, cut the baking soda by half.
Joe the Baker http://www.joe-the-baker.com/