Chocolate mouse is one of those delicious treats that can be used in multiple ways. Chill it down and use it to finish a cake, freeze it for a treat on extra hot days, or just eat it as-is for a silky smooth, rich dessert. Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong with this easy, two ingredient chocolate mousse.
- 16 ounces heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- Heat 8 ounces of heavy cream to a scald then pour it over the chocolate.
- Let sit for a few minutes to soften the chocolate then stir to emulsify.
- Separately, whip the remaining 8 ounces of heavy cream to medium peak.
- Stream the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and fold to create a uniform, smooth mixture.
- Use immediately to achieve a level finish or chill for later use.