Candy bars have that all inclusive, easily eaten package we all enjoy. Whether you want overly rich and decadent, or crunchy and salty there is an option for everyone. Often people ask what my favorite candy bar is; it says a lot about a person. So when I answer 3 Musketeers people often scoff due to its seeming simplicity. It doesn’t have nuts, caramel, coconut, or crunchy layers. It is very simply soft nougat and delicious chocolate. To cleanly and evenly make a soft nougat is no easy task, but simple enough for everyone to enjoy.
Here is my quick rendition. While these candy bars don’t have much flash, the texture is amazing. For added flavor feel free to incorporate any liquid nut paste or extract into the chocolate mixture. I keep these frozen for a cool treat on those hot days. Or you can decorate ornately when those holidays roll around. This will also be a great starting point to your own custom chocolate bar.Print
Homemade Nougat Candy Bar
Write a review
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 4 to 10 ounces melted chocolate
- glazing chocolate to finish
- Mix the sugar and xanthan gum together to ensure there are no lumps of gum.
- Then whisk with the half and half, adding vanilla, salt, and any other extracts or seasoning to taste.
- Whip on medium speed for about a minute to ensure everything is dissolved fully, then increase speed to high and whip until very thick and stable, about 8 minutes. Reserve this cold.
- Next whip the melted chocolate on medium speed for several minutes until it just starts to take in air and thicken.
- Quickly add the fluffy mixture and continue whipping until fully incorporated and soft, you may need to fold by hand to ensure complete mixing.
- Immediately pour into a prepared pan and smooth as best you can.
- Chill until it is very firm.
- Cut as desired with a very sharp cutter and glaze with chocolate to finish.
Joe the Baker http://www.joe-the-baker.com/